Dressing Your Timepiece
We put together three fool-proof Fall outfits and paired them with some spectacular new timepieces
Autumn’s welcome weather will soon be rolling in and with it, your chance to change up your wardrobe with some seasonal signatures—rich colors, warm fabrics and a slew of textures and patterns. And there's never been a better time to embrace them. After all, this is the season for dressing, right?
We partnered with MR PORTER, which not only stocks some of our favorite brands—big name labels and under-the-radar niche brands—but they're continually sourcing the best luxury watches on the market. We put together three solid outfits that we plan on wearing throughout the Fall and paired each with a proper timepiece.
3 Inspired Looksfor Fall
Flannels are back in a big way this year. And the key is finding one you can wear multiple ways—buttoned up on it's own, layered over another shirt or simply tied around your waist on warm days. We're pairing this one from French label, Officine Générale, with some casual chinos and a pair of trusty suede chukka boots. IWC's Big Pilot's Watch is the horological equivalent to a flannel—casual, cool and able to be dressed up and down. Plus the green dial is right on the money for 2022.
1) Tapered twill chinos, $135 by Alex Mill
2) Alex checked flannel shirt, $295 by Officine Générale
3) Big Pilot's automatic watch by IWC
4) Larry regenerated suede chukka boot, $355 by Mr P.
The sweaters this season will be funkier than pervious Falls. And we're all for it. If you want to step cautiously though, opt for a solid color with a more adventurous texture. This one, spun with baby alpaca threads, is especially soft to the touch. It's a stand-out piece, even if you're just wearing a T-shirt and jeans with some old school sneakers. Baume & Mercier's Riviera watch captures the same vibe—a simple silhouette that offers unique details (like the '70s era dodecagonal case) the closer you look.
1) Fit 4 straight-leg jeans, $375 by rag & bone
2) Brushed-knit cardigan, $495 by AMI PARIS
3) Supima cotton-jersey T-shirt, $55 by Save Khaki United
4) Riviera automatic watch by Baume & Mercier
5) Chuck 70 canvas sneaker, $80 by Converse
A classic look, modernized for 2022. Layer a wool work shirt over a solid casual shirt, tucked into some pleated pants with a wider, relaxed fit. Finish the look with some suede loafers grounded by a substantial Vibram Vi-Lite lug soles. As for the timepiece, Cartier's new Pasha de Cartier Grille takes design cues from a gridded Cartier watch from the 1930s.
1) Tapered cropped cotton-twill trousers, $240 by Mr P.
2) Percey brushed wool-blend overshirt, $245 by Hartford
3) Grille automatic watch by Cartier Pasha de Cartier
4) Clerkenwell cotton shirt, $165 by Oliver Spencer
5) James Castorino suede loafers, $660 by Tricker's