These Pants Will Change Your Life
It sounds a bit overly dramatic, but your day is just better when you've got a pair of these on.
It's easy to fall into a rut of sorts when getting dressed. Most men are creatures of habit and that extends to our choice in clothing as well. So take a break from the standard navy blue. We know you love it, and hell, we love it too. But there are other colors to be worn. Especially right now, when bolder '70s-inspired styles are coming back into fashion. Rich shades of green, maroon and browns are your keys to breaking out of the everyday doldrums. They're bold without being too obvious, fashionable without being flashy.
The easiest swap for your standard navy blue, the deep green of the moment goes by names like emerald, forrest, hunter and bottle green. And even though it's bold and vibrant (and sure to get you a little attention), it's a flattering simple-to-wear shade that works like a neutral.
1) Merino turtleneck, $218 by Todd Snyder
2) Satin bomber jacket, $235 by Stussy
3) Casentino wool cap, $149 by Larose
4) 574 Luxe sneaker, $119.99 by New Balance
5) 484 Slim-fit corduroys, $79.50 by J.Crew
It takes a quiet confidence to pull off a rich shade of brown, as seen in these luxe pieces here. Without the right amount of swagger, the brown can come off as muddy and boring. But when worn with intention, it gives you an elegant edge.
1) Merino wool cardigan, $109 by Suitsupply
2) Suede jacket,
$995 / $497.50 by Sandro
3) Wool and silk herringbone tie, $165 by Drake's
4) Waterproof suede Chelsea boots, $550 by Aquatalia
5) Stretch cotton pants, $158 by Bonobos
Technically speaking, maroon is a mix of red and brown. Which is why there's such a warm tone to it. But similar shades like burgundy (purple and red) or oxblood (red, brown and purple) have the same effect—so embrace them all this fall and winter.
1) Garment-dyed jersey polo, $210 by Officine Generale
2) Leather-trimmed wool varsity jacket, $465 by Golden Bear
3) Cashmere knit hat, $68 by Bonobos
4) Suede chukka, $135 by Astorflex
5) Twill chinos, $29.99 by H&M