3 Ways to
3 Ways to Wear Loafers
With Chris Echevarria, founder of Blackstock & Weber
There’s a reason why loafer brand Blackstock & Weber has, “The Best F***ing Loafers in The World” in their Instagram bio. How do you reinvent a timeless classic such as a loafer? Founder Chris Echevarria has thought of many ways to do so and has been executing his plan effortlessly. And they're not interested in doing it alone. They're bringing everyone along—past collaborations include fashion podcast Throwing Fits, and J.Crew, plus another with 3Sixteen coming soon.
Echevarria has restructured the classic loafer so it can fit into anyone's age range or wardrobe. What I personally like about the brand is that he's created handsome loafers that are made to be worn like your favorite sneaker. He's also not afraid of bold colors and prints, proving this sartorial classic does not have to be a stuffy shoe just because it's been that way in the past. Who better to ask on how to wear the shoe of the moment? We caught up with Chris to see what he's been eyeing to pair with his loafers as of late.
3 Ways toWear Loafers
“From the bar with the homies to a quick drink date ... This is an easy go-to look. Cardigan is optional depending on weather. I think there’s nothing cooler than a white T-shirt.”
1) Floral jacquard knit cardigan, $320 by Beams Plus
2) Crew neck pocket T-shirt, $90 (for 2-pack) by Velva Sheen
3) CT-101x jeans, $215 by 3Sixteen
4) The New York Mets cap, $65 by Blackstock & Weber x New Era
5) The Ellis penny loafer, $325 by Blackstock & Weber
“After a night out you have to go to the store and grab a breakfast sandwich. But just because you feel like shit doesn’t mean you have to look like shit.”
1) Heavyweight pullover hoodie, $175 by 3Sixteen
2) Heather grey sweatpants, $180 by 3Sixteen
3) Donegal ribbed merino beanie, $90 by Drake's
4) Brilliant crew sock, $29 by Anonymous Ism
5) Reversible tweed-cotton raglan mac, $1,795 by Drake's
6) The Clásico tassel loafer, $325 by Blackstock & Weber
“Throw on a blazer and a button-down, it’ll earn you major points and you’ll look damn good in it. First impressions are everything and you never want to be the guy who came in looking like a schmuck.”
The Shoe Horn
Need help sliding your everyday loafers on? A good shore horn comes in clutch. This one looks great on display and the long beechwood handle allows your heel to slip in effortlessly without any trouble.
Long shoe horn,
$26 by Iris Hantverk